Tuesday, January 29, 2013

hope

A little crafty project this week involving a beautiful mug found on clearance at Target ($2) and a Sharpie marker.
I used the instructions found on Elsie's blog HERE, and I think I like it enough to invest in a porcelain pen to make it even more permanent!
The quote comes from a beautiful poem by Emily Dickinson:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

- Emily Dickinson

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! I also recently found out that oil-based sharpies work permanently as well. :)
    ALSO, I saw that mug rug on your instagram, and I'm completely in love!!! You are so talented, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I've been yearning to decorate a mug, in hopes of adding a little liveliness to my desk. What a great ideat to add to the design of a cup.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ Comments! :)