Thursday, October 27, 2011

Delicious Autumn

Delicious Autumn
A cool front is settling in here, and finally the temperatures are feeling like those of Autumn.
A couple days ago we woke to a blanket of immensely dense fog...It was beautiful!
I especially loved the view of my neighbor's Mimosa tree.
I have a special fondness for Mimosa trees.
My childhood memories are filled with images of brilliant pink blooms abundantly dotting the trees along the roads of Virginia.
I spent quite a few years there as a child and still visit from time to time.
I would venture to say, that aside from the Weeping Willow, another tree from my childhood, it is my favorite tree.
Birch Trees will always hold a special place in my heart as well. :)

Delicious Autumn

Delicious Autumn
This weekend we are carving pumpkins which has been a yearly tradition since 2004.
As part of the tradition, we'll also be enjoying delicious Pumpkin Soup with Fresh Baked Bread and a crisp Autumn salad.
I can't wait!

*I found the above quote while perusing blogs the other day. It speaks my feelings of Autumn exactly...It also prompted me to look into the author "George Eliot"... An intriguing WOMAN! She used a male pen name, she said, to ensure her works be taken seriously.

2 comments:

  1. The fog looks beautiful! I love autumn mornings full of hazy fog. Seems like a distant memory now we're heating up towards summer here!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ Comments! :)