Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summertime Blues

Photo taken by My Love. Apron Frock sewn by Yours Truly :)
The summertime blues?!
Seems like an impossible concept to most.
I compare summertime where we live, to winter when we lived in Alaska.
The temperatures are too hot for most outdoor activities, and are limited to early morning, and late evening.
Unless you have your own personal swimming pool there's only so many times you can indulge in that pleasure, despite what My Girl would have you believe. :)
I just recently went through a two week funk where I struggled with feeling really down and inadequate in most areas of my life. I was sad...
The weather was a big contributor. It's hard not being able to just jump on our bikes and go for a ride. The sandbox in the backyard sits abandoned for the season. (We do occasionally get out early enough in the morning to enjoy it for a bit.)
Even our poor little garden is suffering in this heat. We aren't harvesting as much as we would have hoped.
I know there is a time and season for everything. Soon enough it will be Fall, and everything will be green once more, and the temperatures will be cooler...I long for the days I can sit in my hammock chair and sip tea...or spread out a blanket and have a backyard picnic.
There is much to be thankful for even in these horrendous temperatures...
Abundant sunshine, heat that warms you (sometimes more than you'd like) blue skies, and big white puffy clouds…
My Love has had the past week and a half off from work, and we've just been enjoying our time together. Mostly at home.
We are looking forward to friends coming to visit the first part of next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments! :)