Saturday, October 30, 2010

Spinach Lentil Soup

I want to start a new "label" on the blog titled soup saturday.
Every Saturday I'll showcase some of my favorite soups (since it is my favorite "food group") and share new ones that I try.
To start off, I'll post a soup we eat nearly every week! (mainly because it is SO easy!) and by "we" I mean all of us! Even my very selective 9 year old will eat this soup! It has a bit of a kick from the salsa I choose, but you can choose a mild salsa to tame it down a bit. Try it...you'll LOVE it!

Spinach Lentil Soup

2 large carrots; diced
1 large onion, chopped (I omit this most of the time as there is onion in the salsa)
6 cups water
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
1 1/4 cups red lentils, rinsed
1 teaspoon salt
1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach

Add all ingredients to crock pot and cook on high  4-6 hours.
Stir in spinach; let warm for 5-10 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
Serve with a warm crusty bread.


Printable recipe found HERE
Original inspiration for my version of this soup found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments! :)