Monday, October 06, 2008

Missing Tooth

October 4th, 2008
This picture was taken the night her first tooth came out.
She had been wiggling her tooth that evening and it sort of "popped" loose. She came running up stairs to show me and was afraid to pull it out the rest of the way! It was literally hanging by a thread. I told her she couldn't go to bed with it just hanging there...she might swallow it! (I tried to avoid telling her this, but eventually it came out.) We spent the next 15 minutes in the bathroom trying to get it out...it would have been a lot shorter if she hadn't been crying in fear of the pain she was sure was coming. I assured her that the worst was over and all it would take was one pull!
...every time I tried to pull it out, she would grab at my hands and start crying. Finally with one swift, sneaky, pull I had it out. I showed her the little tooth in the tissue, and her eyes widened as big a saucers! She couldn't believe it! She cried "I didn't even feel it!" and then was happy and giggly!


These were taken the next day! She's so happy she lost her first tooth. She looked in the mirror and said "I look like a totally different kid!"

This is what she found under her pillow the next morning.

1 comment:

  1. WOW her first tooth! I think all Nate has left to lose are his mollers.....man what a difference in a year! I think the Webkin idea was GREAT! you are so creative

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ Comments! :)