Sunday, May 28, 2006

A taste of small town life...

Yesterday we took a little trip to a historic town called Gruene (pronounced "green") It is famous for it's location near the river, and for it's antique shops. We enjoyed walking the streets and viewing the old mansion and window shopping. We visited the General Store which still has an ice cream/soda bar inside! So cute! We stopped by The Great Texas Pecan Candy Co. and sampled some of their candy and brought home their melt-in-your-mouth Pecan Brittle.
We ate a delicious dinner, outdoors on the deck of this restaurant, overlooking the river! I had one of their specials; a half rack of ribs, and David enjoyed their "best wurst." Gwyneth being the finicky eater she is ate only a little of her quesadilla.
What a great way to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon!













The view from our table.

My view from the dinner table when I looked over my shoulder. The river was so beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I love little towns like that! It sounds like you guys had a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ Comments! :)