Monday, April 23, 2012

happy list // 04.23.2012

{ blog } happy list // 04.23.1012
1. lattes again, after 3 months of not being able to tolerate them. I recently ordered some lovely beans from San Francisco. Mmm . . . oh, and lovely pink roses from my front yard. They were abundant, and beautiful, and smelled heavenly! 2. rising early in the morning. Starting my day quietly, reading, meditating and praying for my children as well as others. 3. my domestic duties. There is no drudgery in gratefulness. I am grateful for dirty dishes, most of the time. ;) 4. homemade lemonade made by My Girl. 5. Baby Boy is napping again after a 2 month hiatus! Each afternoon we snuggle and read books in the rocking chair and he falls asleep on me. Bliss6. a lovely weekend movie (Julie & Julia) with a nice cup of tea, Greek yogurt, and My Love. :) 7. baking with My Girl. Such a sweet time together doing something we both like (love would better describe me) to do. We both drooled over a picture we caught a glimpse of in a cookbook recently and declared a cake must be made this weekend. We made Molly Wizenberg's Chocolate Cupcakes with Bittersweet Glaze recipe. From THIS book. Doubled, and baked in a bundt pan. 8. the resulting delicious chocolate cake. Divine!
You can see all my past Happy Lists HERE

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie - We planted two varieties of cukes from plants. One is called National Pickling, and the other is called Lemon. They are currently thriving, but the ones we planted last year did not do well at all. We're supposed to have a pretty hot summer, so we'll see how it goes.
    The pens. . . like I mentioned in the post, the Sharpies are alright. I'm still pretty loyal to my Staedtler triplus finleliners. :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ Comments! :)