Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ravioli with Pumpkin Sauce

pumpkin ravioli
I just made this delicious pasta tonight.
I was certain I had posted the recipe here in this space, but upon searching I came up empty.
So here I am to remedy that!
This pasta is my ultimate indulgence, but not many of my family members love it like I do.
Perhaps that is why I only make it once or twice a year.


Ravioli with Pumpkin Sauce
Makes 6 servings

1 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon  flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup solid-pack pumpkin
2 packages (8 ounces each) uncooked frozen ravioli
(my favorite are Rising Moon Organics Butternut Squash)
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Heat butter over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and fennel seeds; cook and stir until onions are tender.
Combine milk, flour, salt and pepper in small bowl until smooth; stir into saucepan.
Bring to a boil over high heat; boil until thickened, stirring constantly.
Stir in pumpkin; reduce heat to low.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
Drain.
Divide ravioli evenly among 6 plates; top each with equal amount of pumpkin sauce.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Serve immediately.

You're welcome! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments! :)