Thursday, January 27, 2011

golden light

I've been a bit quiet around here for a couple reasons...
one being that I have a ONE YEAR OLD who never lets me sit for more than 2 minutes! ha!
and two my computer got "sick" and had to go to the shop.
It's back home now with most of my data intact, but I am having to re-load a lot of software.
Photoshop was the first thing I re-installed! :)

I'm just going to jump right in then...
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
In the late afternoon at my house, my kitchen comes alive with golden light...it catches me everytime and beckons me to linger a little longer in it...I hardly ever mind washing up the dishes when the light is so beautiful...
There is something very therapeutic in hand washing your dishes...especially when they are some of your favorite items in your home. I have purged all of my coffee mugs so that I have only kept my very favorite ones...they each conjure up a different feeling, and I am never sad with one in hand. :)
Admittedly, between the automatic dishwasher, and my wonderful husband, I don't wash many dishes... I am blessed.
If it were a choice between washing dishes or doing laundry I would pick the laundry ANY day! Must be because I had to wash a LOT of dishes growing up, because my sister ALWAYS seemed to need to use the bathroom around dishes time in our house! ha! ;) *love you Rach!*  
Spending a little time in that golden light of the afternoon is even more pleasant with cute "help" around! 

Add to that, Pandora radio with Shane & Shane filling the air with praise to God, and you have yourself a perfectly pleasant "golden" afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments! :)