Saturday, April 07, 2007

Sledding Party

Two weeks ago, we went to one of the church elders' house for their annual sledding party. They have put this on for several years. We were excited to go and sled, and meet some people we may not have otherwise met from the church. This family has a great house, on a great plot of land, with an amazing view, and really big sledding hill out back!
Now, Gwyneth has never been sledding before. Total novice. Her and her friend run out back to start sledding. They each pile into their own personal sledding disc, and off they go...
Well, about half way down the hill Gwyneth collides with another girl coming up the hill. After that little disruption she continues down the hill and hits the spot where the speed increases quite a bit. All I hear now is screaming coming from her! I'm not sure if it's screaming with glee, or terror.
I'm up at the top of the hill staring in disbelief and almost running down the hill to "catch" her.
Thankfully Gwyneth and the girl she hit were not hurt. Gwyneth even wanted to go down again, but with Daddy this time.
I went down the hill with her quite a few times as well. It was SO fun going down! As soon as you get to the bottom you're thinking "Yeah! Let's do that again." until a quarter of the way back up the hill...then you're thinking "Man, this hill is so steep, I don't want to have to walk that again!"
We had fun and met some really great people!

3 comments:

  1. looks like fun! it's been a while since i did that. :) where are you guys going to church? HAPPY EASTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome time! It brought back good memories. Thanks for sharing your day. I miss you very much and think of you often. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, I do not envy you your weater one iota. This has been the coldest spring I can remember, and even though all the bulbs are coming up and the cherry trees budding, I LONG for the warmth of sun sinking into me through my clothes (preferably only ONE layer). Winter is fun for a season, on my calendar it's a short one...I'm hoping you're into it more than I!!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ Comments! :)